Why In the Flesh should be saved:
- Its portrayal of discrimination is one of the most realistic I’ve ever seen in a piece of media (specifically when it comes to homophobia & mental illness)
- Even when dealing with such serious subject matter it manages to strike a balance between tragedy and comedy so it’s not a continuous bombardment of depression & darkness
- Several well written female characters. This seems like a baseline requirement for any show but it’s ridiculous how many shows and movies never achieve this. But on itf we have Amy; who is given her own narrative that doesn’t revolve around the main character, Jem; who we clearly see struggle with PTSD but is never seen as weak because of this, Maxine Martin; who could have been portrayed as 100% evil with no redeeming characteristics, but instead is a charismatic, complex woman who won’t let anything get in the way of her achieving her goals, and several other characters with memorable personalities.
- A main character who is queer. LGBTQ+ representation is increasing in the media but all too often these characters are merely token secondary/minor characters or their entire character revolves around their sexual orientation. This is not the case with this show!
- There is too much that can be covered in this show and so many questions that need answered for it to be cancelled now. It’s done so much good with just a mere nine episodes, think how far it could go with double that amount (or even more). We could discover more about the lives of other undead people, the changing opinions of the public, watch Simon & Kieren’s relationship evolve, FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH AMY DYER.
- BASICALLY I’LL PROBABLY GO MAD IF I NEVER FIND ANY OF THIS OUT. THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH POTENTIAL IN THIS SHOW AND IT WOULD BE TRAGIC IF IT WERE WASTED.
Tony, Bruce, Natasha and Steve all have touch issues. Steve dislikes anyone patting him on the back or touching his shoulder unexpectedly because he was often jumped from behind by bullies pre-serum. Bruce hates any form physical contact from anyone that he hasn’t built a strong relationship with first, anything more than a handshake and he begins to feel very uncomfortable. Natasha doesn’t like any touching if it’s even remotely sexual (especially a hand resting on her leg) or if it constricts her movement, which makes holding hands is a big deal for her. Tony can cope with firm physical contact (hugs, handshakes, pats on the back) as long as they don’t surprise him. he cant cope at all with lingering or soft touches if it’s from anyone other than Pepper.
I have a story.
So my sister got run over by a car once. It was a pretty big deal. Well like a year later she got into a little fender bender and was really bent out of shape about it, so I went and got her a cake.
When I put in my order for the cake, the guy at the bakery asked, “Do you want it to say anything?”
And with a perfectly straight face, I said, “‘Sorry you got hit by a car again.’”
He narrowed his eyes a moment, then nodded and wrote it down, and took it to kitchen to get the writing done.
All the way from the back of the kitchen, I hear a woman shout, “‘Again’?!”
Opposite of walking into a glass door.
i haVEe been laUAGHING AT thIS FOR 328 YeaRS
okay so i have a story for u
i was on a bus (i live in london fyi) and normally on the second pair of doors there are like two glass windows on either side separating the seats from the space, so i decided to stand in the middle, because u know, i thought i would be safe, BUT OH LORD AND BEYOND I WAS WRONG
like, as soon as i got on i realised this wasnt gonna be a normal fuckin bus journey, because the bus driver was FUCKING MENTAL, his driving was super fast and he was swerving round corners like he gotta get home to watch his favourite tv show or s/t
so when the journey comes to an end, he pulls up to the stop, yet it wasn’t a gentle pull up (because remember, the bus driver was off his tits), it was like satan was taking the whole bus from behind, and remember the part where I said I was standing? yeah me too
so as my life flashed before my eyes i quickly put my hand out to stop myself from slamming into the glass, BUT TO MY SURPRISE THE GLASS WASN’T FUCKING THERE, THE GLASS HAD BETRAYED MY HANDS AND I HEARD SARAH MCLACHLAN SINGING IN THE ARMS OF AN ANGEL
I FULL ON SMACKED A GUY IN THE FUCKING FACE WHO HAD JUST TURNED AROUND AND STOOD UP TO GET OFF THE BUS BECAUSE THE GLASS WAS NOT THERE
AND AS IF THIS COULD NOT GET ANY WORSE, IN MY MIND I COULDN’T JUST SLAP AND LEAVE HIM, SO I DECIDED TO GENTLY STROKE HIS FACE, LIKE who the fuck, im so ashamed of my bus it lasted a good 5 seconds
i then slowly got off the bus and contemplated my life choices
and that was the day glass on a bus betrayed me
THAT WAS THE GREATEST STORY I’VE EVER READ
So, did you get on the Knight Bus by accident and not realize you are a Witch/Wizard? THE QUESTION MUST BE ASKED 0h-well-castiel!